Shuttle Bus Environmental Practices
Preference for busses that meet emissions objectives such as:
- 4 cycle electronically controlled engine
- Fleet average opacity readings of 30% for exhaust and soot readings,9.5%. five times cleaner exhaust than state allows.
Verify oil, tire and battery recycling.
Premium for vehicle wash conservation
Premium for alterative energy vehicles. Electric, hybrid, bio diesel, compressed natural gas, etc
Premium for diesel vehicles which use #1 diesel instead of #2 diesel
Carpool for driver relief and replacement
SEAT Planners proudly supports The Conservation Fund's Go Zero program.
With every seat we book, we make a donation to plant trees that will trap 100 percent of the C02 emissions resulting from transportation for each of our events. You can help too. Calculate your own footprint and donate today.
Go Zero benefits more than our climate -- it helps to protect the places people and animals live and play. Learn more about how Go Zero is working in your neck of the woods.
Large Meetings Transportation
Motorcoach use can remove up to 55 auto or taxi trips from the road for each trip that they make. Motorcoaches produce the equivalent of 250 passenger miles per gallon of fuel (i.e.: in 2004 the national average of passenger miles per gallon was 148.4). A Motorcoach with only seven passengers is more fuel efficient than an automobile with one occupant.
On Meeting Site:
- Limit idling to five minutes or less
- Routes designed and monitored for efficiency
- Schedule vehicles for maximum passenger usage
- Multiple trips per vehicle order
- Limit or eliminate "mass" moves to reduce O2 emissions and fuel use
- Reuse of linens and bath towels in staff housing
In SEAT Planners' Office:
- Encourage employee carpooling and public transit
- Recycle all clean paper and toner cartridges
- Use, wash and reuse "Office Cafe" dishes, cups and utensils
- Use fans whenever possible instead of air conditioning
- Use CFL's (compact fluorescent lamps) instead of incandescent
- Use 30% content recycled paper
- Set conservation goals for electric usage
- Recycle beverage bottles and cans
- Carbon Neutral